With 3 day Mekong Delta tour in Chau Doc and CanTho, you get closer at life on the Tonle Bassac and visit the ethnic villagesTour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Day 1: Sai Gon - Cai Be - Vinh Long - Long Xuyen - Chau Doc (L)
Our guide and driver pick you up from Hotel then depart at 8: 00am and head south west to the river city of Cai Be, a rural district of Tien Giang province in the Mekong Delta area of Vietnam. Arriving at about 10: 30am, we board our motorized ship to travel through the Cai Be floating market. Here, we'll experience how life works in the delta, as we see the intricacies of trade - how retailers buy products from local farmers. During our cruise the city's isolated canals, we'll stop at some regional factories to see how local people creating pop corn cakes, rice paper cakes, coconut candies and products from coconut trees.
In addition, we enjoy the sampan ride and pedal the narrow natural waterways. Stopping in a nearby home to attempt seasonal fruits.
Continue walking throughout the village to come back to our ship which is waiting to bring us to another neighborhood home for lunch served with lots of Vietnamese's delicious dishes. We board the boat trip again to continue on to the quay at Vinh Long province. Then we'll travel by car to Long Xuyen and Chau Doc. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 2: Chau Doc - Can Tho (B/L)
Up early for a cruise throughout the floating village with tons and tons of fish farmed beneath hundreds of shelters. Continue the ship cruise to Da Phuoc, a Muslim Cham village across the river on Con Tien island in Chau Doc's centre. Here, find the village with its famous for traditional weaving. We continue moving to Cambodia border area. Where we have chance to visit Tra Su mangrove forest, an ideal ecotourism site. After that we will take the boat trip through the Tra Su Nature Reserve will show you a distinctive Natural habitat conservation wetland ecosystems in the Mekong delta.
Tra Su is home of 140 species of plants and 70 of birds, cajeput trees are green throughout the year. Then we hike up to the sacred Sam Mountain with its panoramic views across vast plains in Cambodia. Our guide will tell you the story of VinhTe channel that connected HaTien to Chau Doc. This canal brings new Water from the Bassac river to the immense delta area, so it plays a huge role of the border channel between Vietnam and Cambodia. Descending down Sam mountain, We'll see the famous Lady Chua Xu Temple and Thoai Ngoc Hau tomb. Thoai Ngoc Hau was a Vietnamese military administrator of the Nguyn dynasty who conducted the digging of Thoai Ha and Vinh Te canal.
Lunch break at a nearby place. In the mid-day, we travel to CanTho, with a stop to visit BinhThuy community temple. It constructed in 1783 with lately renovated. But have remained traditional feature of the Southern style. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho - Sai Gon (B/L)
Full Day activities
An early start of the boat trip to Cai Rang floating market. Where you will have chance to visit the biggest wholesale market in the Mekong Delta. It begins at 5: 00am and runs until midday. Then we've got a long distance rail to Phong Dien & walk on a quiet country road to take in the magnificent scenery and get close to the locals as they go about their everyday routine.
There are options to visit both markets at different time, please talk with your guide and discover what's best for you. Our van picks us up and transfer to VinhLong. There is a scenic beauty of CanTho Suspension Bridge on Hau, Tonle Bassac river extending northwest to Cambodia. We'll visit Phu Ly pagoda. It's among the early Khmer pagodas in Vinh Long province. The pagoda was built in 1672, great combination of Indian, Thai and Cambodia architecture. There are Khmer courses for young teachers and kids from the village. We'll walk around the village and the rice paddies from the encompassing of the pagoda. We continue on driving throughout the rice fields in ben luke to return to Saigon.Tour ends around 6: 00pm. That the time to say goodbye each other. Hope you have a wonderful 3 day Mekong Delta tour with Green Tour.
- PRIVATE door to door transport (new vehicle) with air-conditioned
- Private Local boat trip
- Great 3 star hotel with good location selected. Buffet Breakfast included at hotel
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- Experienced English speaking tour guide (other languages upon on request)
- Free visa letter to Vietnam (If yes)
- Entrance fees, permission
- Mineral water daily 2 bottle 500ml/per day
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Bank fees if payment by credit card
- Gov tax and service charge
- No extra charge after final confirmation
- International Air Fare in & out Vietnam
- Hotel in Ho Chi Minh
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage.
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips are welcomed!
- Travel Insurance
- With 3 day Mekong Delta tour in Chau Doc and CanTho, you get closer at life on the Tonle Bassac and visit the ethnic villages that call the Mekong Delta home.
- Experience Vietnam's traditional culture on a 3 day Mekong Delta tour.
- Explore in a relaxed pace as opposed to hurrying to cram everything in one day.
- Benefit from the local insight of your manual and find out about things not featured in the manual book.
- This itinerary is a private tour. It shows you what is possible to travel and visiting with our guide and driver
No Details Found