- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- More interesting way to discover My Son Sanctuary is to make a cycling trip around the countryside. Spending half/full day on bike by yourself, you will embark to the rural to admire and enjoy interesting scenes and local life. This biking tour in My Son Sanctuary gives you more the tranquil, peaceful, beautiful sightseeing in different villages surrounding Hue including green paddy fields, rivers, hill, handicraft villages, and old architecture, which Quang Nam people keep in original appearance until now.
- Tour description provided by Green Tour.
The best way to get out to My Son and the ancient town ruins is by bike, not sitting in a car for several hours. This fantastic ride out to the temples goes through the countryside on back roads. This offers a rare insight into how the locals live now, as well as taking a step back in time by visiting the ancient temples.A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
This trip starts right from our office at 8am. We ride right through the Old Quarter of Hoi An to a ferry that takes us across the Thu Bon River to Cam Kim carpentry village. The boat ride is short (5 minutes), but very scenic with village life played out along the shores. At the carpentry village everything from wooden handicrafts, to the construction of massive wooden hull boats is undertaken.From the village we head off on small village roads and meandering dirt footpaths. We ride through an endless series of small farms growing everything from sweet potatoes to peanuts. In between the villages and small farms that we pass through are wide open expanses of rice paddy fields painted in a dozen shades of green.At about the halfway point (23 kilometers, we stop for a quick fruit break to restore our energy for the remainder of the ride. Those in decent shape should have no problem pushing through the final 20 kilometers, which hugs the river side at time and passes more stunning farms that are nestled against the hill sides.We arrive in My Son at around 12:30pm-1pm (depending on how fast you bike). We'll have a picnic lunch either at My Son or a shaded area along the way. It takes about 1.5 hours to visit temples, but people are encouraged to take their time and see things at their own pace. We'll use the vehicle to return to Hoi An and try to return by 3pm-4pm. We can finish the trip at our office, or we can drop you off right at your hotel.
- Vehicle transfers as in the program
- English speaking guide(s)
- Biking gear (bike, helmet, gloves)
- Purified drinking water during trip
- Entry/Admission – My Son Sanctuary
- Drinks other than water
- Meals not mentioned above
- Any service not clearly mentioned in the above
- Personal expenses
No Details Found